Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to You

How many times have you whispered to me
in the silence
Calling gently
Calling softly to me
Come

You are
dismantling my dreams
dissolving my resolve
causing an upheaval in my ambitions
Everything I thought I knew
becomes dry
wilted
lifeless
in time

You are the only constant
The only thing I dare hold on to
that will not crumble
that will not fade to dust

Where am I going?
I don't know where to start and yet
the journey has begun
Will you leave me in the end
as others have
with Nothing
and No one?

You ask me to abandon every plan
Every strategy
Every desire
I feel my heart splitting open
Grieving over all that has been lost
The people I disappoint
The life I leave behind

Where am I going?

I am finding my way back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me!