Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How Good It Is to Be Loved By You

I lay my weary body down
Soothed by your masculine solidity
Comforted by your feminine grace
This day I have wrung my heart of all its tears
and you are still here
Silent
Unimposing
Had I not seen your face before I would have been
mistaken
I would have felt Abandoned
Lost

I hear your wordless whisper
dance through sun-speckled leaves
Even the trees are nourished by your presence
Even the trees know before they even think to call out for you
You've come.

With each breath I feel my shrivelled heart expand
I feel my shrivelled heart rejoice
How good it is to be loved
How good it is to be loved
How good it is to be loved
By you
(More tears...I thought I'd run out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me!