Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Nov. 21st 2010

I stared into the Emptiness
Thought it time
Soon enough,
For my death
A hopeless existence ravaged by a past I cannot salvage
No matter how much I bargain
No matter how much I repent.
I was sure
That all hope was lost
All love was lost
All happiness
All freedom
And my worthiness of such precious “gifts”
Gone the day Everything I Thought I Had
and
All that I thought I’d built
Broke,
I was wrong.

I stared into the Unquestioned
Waiting for the vastness to swallow me whole
Waiting for the coldness to rattle me numb
The weight of it all compressing me deeper and deeper into the seat of my being
The weight of it all hollowing
Shifting
Filling me instead with a lingering sweetness
Inside of me
Strength
Love
Peace
A flower that I crush against my cheek
The scent nourishes me
A seed planted deep in my womb
Here
Inside of me
An open sky
The scent of the ocean
The sunlight on my skin
Love (again)
Friendship
Laughter
Lust
Intrigue
Inside of me
Adventure
Passion
Dreams upon Dreams
Moonlit caresses
You holding me

I carry the Universe inside this being
I carry the Universe inside of me
Feel freedom’s flight through a bird’s wing
I know
It‘s all here
Inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me!